Join with early colonists as they give birth to our country by declaring independence and then fighting to maintain it. Follow the course of invention throughout history as you learn about famous inventors and how their inventions changed the world. Explore what life was like for pioneers moving west as they struggled to survive and prosper.
Literature units are designed to be taught in conjunction with a corresponding science or social studies unit.
*You may also want to purchase the Timeline of American History
, which is used in several Age 9-11 units.
- 3 Complete science / social studies units
- 3 complete language arts units
- All required books
- Technology and Invention kit
- ~ 9 weeks of interdisciplinary curriculum
- Colonization and Revolution (SS)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond (LA)
- Technology and Invention (S)
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret (LA)
- Westward Expansion (SS)
- The Ballad of Lucy Whipple (LA)