Discover poetry and appreciate the language of this unique genre. Explore the geography, people, and places that make America a great country. Experiment with the different forms of energy and see how they are used in your world. Read tall tales and other legends from across the country. Examine the unique history, customs, and geography of your own state.
Literature units are designed to be taught in conjunction with a corresponding science or social studies unit.
*You may also want to purchase the Timeline of American History
, which is used in several Age 9-11 units.
- 3 Complete science / social studies units
- 3 Complete language arts units
- All required books
- Energy kit, Sculpey clay, and dream catcher craft kit
- ~ 9 weeks of interdisciplinary curriculum
- The Fifty States (SS)
- Poetry (LA)
- Energy (S)
- The View from Saturday (LA)
- Your State (SS)
- American Tall Tales and Legends (LA)