Lesson 13: A New Home
Questions to Explore
- What threatens the survival of living things?
- What means do living things have for survival?
- How does Mrs. Frisby fight for the survival of her son?
Facts and Definitions
- The plot involves the problem, events, climax, and solution to the problem.
- Identify and interpret elements of fiction and nonfiction. (LA)
- Recognize the differences among genres of literature. (LA)
- Use a variety of strategies to organize ideas. (LA)
- Determine the plot, conflict, sequence of events, and resolution of a story. (LA)
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
- The Secret of NIMH or Ratatouille
Tell your child that today he will learn the fate of the rats and NIMH, and he will find out if moving the house saved Timothy and the rest of Mrs. Frisby's family.