Lesson 2: Naming Fractions
Activity 2: Colorful Circles
Materials: colored pencils
Your child will complete the "Colorful Circles" sheet by coloring the circles as directed and then writing fractions based on the circles.
"Colorful Circles" Answer Key
Activity 3: Basic Skills Review
Your child will complete the "Basic Skills Review #15" sheet. Give her scratch paper to use as needed.
- Sharon had 10 bags of donuts. Each bag had 6 donuts. Thomas ate 5 of the donuts. How many does Sharon have now? (10×6=60, 60−5=55 donuts)
- Now, Sharon wants to share her remaining donuts equally with 9 friends. How many donuts can she give to each of her friends, and how many will she have left over? (55÷9=6 donuts for each friend, 1 left over)
- Karl needs to practice his multiplication facts for 25 minutes. If he starts at 11:45, what time will he be finished? (12:10)
- Mrs. Moneybags has 15 coins in her purse that total $1.26. Which coins does she have in her purse? (1 quarter, 7 dimes, 6 nickels, 1 penny — other coin combinations may be possible)
- Mrs. Rose wants to fertilize her flower garden. Her flower garden is a square with sides of 6 feet. The bag of fertilizer covers an area of 25 sq. ft. Does Mrs. Rose have enough fertilizer? YES or NO (no)
- 4×b=320. What is b? (80)
- a×30=270. What is a? (9)