Lesson 5: Trees
Questions to Explore
- How are people dependent on plants?
Facts and Definitions
- Evergreen trees do not change colors in the fall and winter.
- Deciduous trees are trees that lose all their leaves for part of the year.
- Identify and describe the life cycle of living things. (S)
- Observe and measure how the quantities and qualities of nutrients, light, and water in the environment affect plant growth. (S)
- Observe and describe how environmental conditions determine how plants survive and grow in a particular environment. (S)
- colored pencils or crayons
- construction paper (kit)
- glue (kit)
- tracing paper (kit)
Tell your child that today he is going to learn about trees. Ask him what he knows about trees and how people are dependent on trees.