Lesson 2: The Storm
Questions to Explore
- How does the weather affect people, plants, and animals?
- What makes an environment safe or unsafe?
Facts and Definitions
- cellar: a basement
- trembling: shaking or shivering
- bargain: an agreement
- encouragement: the act of urging or inspiring
- command: to give orders or tell what to do
- Recall main ideas, facts, and details from a text. (LA)
- Retell a story or parts of a story. (LA)
- Read independently. (LA)
- Discuss meanings of words and develop vocabulary through meaningful experiences. (LA)
- Produce a summary of a text. (LA)
- Tornado by Betsy Byars, Doron Ben-Ami
Tell your child that today she will start the story of a dog named Tornado. Ask her if she thinks she will enjoy this story and why or why not.