Lesson 7: Among Friends
Questions to Explore
- How do people learn from others who are different?
- How and why do people help and care for others who are in need?
Facts and Definitions
- Apostrophes can be used to show ownership.
- People must use their resources to meet needs before purchasing things they want.
- Identify and describe attributes of responsible citizenship. (SS)
- Demonstrate responsible citizenship in a school, community, and/or other social environments. (SS)
- Analyze and evaluate the effects of responsible citizenship in a school, community, and/or other social environments. (SS)
- Participate in conversations and discussions. (LA)
- Read orally with fluency and expression. (LA)
- Use resources such as beginners' dictionaries, glossaries, available technology, and context to build word meanings. (LA)
- Analyze characters, including their traits, relationships, and changes. (LA)
- Punctuation Celebration by Elsa Knight Bruno
- The Family Under the Bridge by Natalie Savage Carlson
- large bag or sack
- note cards
- scissors (Option 2)
Tell your child that today Madame Calcet meets the Gypsies. Ask your child to predict how he will respond to the place Armand has taken the children. After she reads the chapter, he can see if his prediction was correct.