Lesson 6: Separation
In the next lesson, you'll learn more about how the Adams family managed to remain close and connected during their frequent separations.
Questions to Discuss
- Do you think it would be easier or harder for a married couple today to be apart as often and for as long as John and Abigail were? (Answers will vary. You may want to talk to your child about the length of time it might take for letters to travel in the colonies or overseas in the 1700s compared to the ability to stay in touch with cell phone, email, and social networking today.)
- What advice would you give someone who was learning how to edit paragraphs?
Things to Review
- Review your child's answers to the reading questions.
- Review your child's paragraph editing activity.
- Review your child's answers to the vocabulary puzzle.