Lesson 3: Goods and Services
Questions to Explore
- What do the communities provide for the people who live in them?
- What are the needs of people in communities?
Facts and Definitions
- Communities provide goods and services for the people who live in them.
- Goods are items that we purchase in the community to use or eat.
- A service is something someone does for us.
- Examine the wants and needs of people in a community (SS)
- Recognize that all families produce and consume goods and services (SS)
- Practice single-digit addition (M)
- Model addition and subtraction problems (M)
- Compare objects in a set (M)
- Write using an author's model of language (LA)
- Read aloud independently with fluency and comprehension (LA)
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
Ask your child if he knows what goods and services are. If not, explain that goods and services are the things that we buy to satisfy our wants and needs. Communities provide goods and services for the people who live in them.