Frequently Asked Questions
Moving Beyond the Page is a unique curriculum, and we receive many questions about its structure, age levels, gifted education, and more. Listed below you will find answers to many common questions.
- How much time will my child spend on the curriculum each day?
- I am interested in purchasing your curriculum, but I am on a limited budget. Do you have any suggestions?
- What is the educational philosophy behind Moving Beyond the Page?
- My child gets really bored with worksheets. Does your curriculum use a lot of worksheets?
- I have more than one child. How do I use two or more levels of Moving Beyond the Page at the same time?
- The book If You Give A Pig A Pancake is way too simple for my 6-year old. Why is it included in the Age 6-8 curriculum?
- My 8 year old is gifted in science and loves to read but is weak in writing. Can I use the 7-9 units for language arts and the 8-10 units for science and social studies?
- Do you offer anything for older children?
- Is this program only for gifted learners?
- What if I have a child at the lower end of the recommended age level and the curriculum looks too easy?
- How do I know what level to select for my gifted child?
- I have a 6 and an 8 year old. Can I teach them together, or do they each need their own level?
- How do I use MBTP as a supplement?
- What makes Moving Beyond the Page a good choice for gifted learners? How is it different from other curricula?
- What is the difference between hard-copy and online curriculum?
- What is in your science kits?
- Is Moving Beyond the Page a secular curriculum?