At Moving Beyond the Page, we are always looking for talented and highly-motivated team members. Most of the positions allow you to work from home and on a schedule you choose. If you would like more information about a position, or to be considered, please send an email with your resume and digital portfolio to [email protected]
Moving Beyond the Page develops curriculum for homeschoolers and distance education schools that includes science, social studies, language arts, and math. The student activity pages are an integral part of our student-directed curriculum. The black and white images are created in Adobe Illustrator and delivered in PNG format. We are very creative in our content and ideas, and we want our student activity pages to reflect that creativity as well.
In addition to student activity pages, the artist may assist with other projects such as developing engaging and attractive color images.
- Must have experience using Adobe Illustrator. (Adobe InDesign or Powtoon knowledge a plus.)
- Must be comfortable creating digital artwork.
- Work hours are flexible, but must be able to commit to working 10-15 hours per week.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
The primary responsibility of the artist will be to work with our authors to create student activity pages. The content of the pages will be provided by our authors, but it is the artist's responsibility to create the pages. The artist will have some artistic freedom in putting the pages together. Pages should be neat, well organized, and contain attractive and related images.
Examples of our student activity pages can be seen in the samples available on our website: www.movingbeyondthepage.com/curriculum/samples.aspx.
Time and Hours
This position requires a minimum of 10 hours / week. Hours are flexible, but weekly deadlines must be met. Occasional meetings may be necessary, but most work is completed and turned in remotely.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a link to samples of your work to Karen at [email protected]
- Must have a degree in Mathematics or Education (or related field)
- Strong writing skills (must provide a writing sample); previous experience in curriculum writing/development preferred
- Experience teaching middle-school mathematics and familiarity with Common Core mathematics standards
- Work hours are flexible but must be able to commit to working 10-20 hours per week
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Homeschooling experience a plus
- Must be computer literate
The illustrator will create simple, fun color artwork that depict the text of children's readers. Illustrations can be hand-drawn or digital but must be delivered as graphic files (.png, .jpg, .ai, etc.).
Hours are flexible, but you must be able to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in applying, please send a link to samples of your work to Karen at [email protected]